STI Testing & Women’s Health
A single solution optimized for the detection of 32 different pathogenic and commensal microbes, HSV-1, and HSV-2.
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are diseases caused by microorganisms and viral infections which are spread by sexual contact.
Many STIs are easily treated and cured if diagnosed early, but can have serious consequences if left undiagnosed and untreated. Some people with STIs may not develop symptoms, but they are still at risk for long-term complications and spreading the infection, which is why it’s important to screen for STIs in sexually active individuals.
A balanced vaginal flora helps protect women from other infections.
All the microorganisms that live in and around the vagina make-up a vaginal flora. Healthy vaginal flora
Principle of tests – LifeBrite’s STI and Women’s Health Panels are in vitro, nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) designed for use as a screening method for the detection and identification of genomic deoxyribonucleic acid (gDNA) of microorganisms and viral infections associated with Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), Aerobic Vaginitis (AV), Group B Streptococcus (GBS), Urogenital Candidiasis (VVC), and STIs.
Panels are designed to detect gDNA from the following microorganisms and/or viruses:
- Bacterial Vaginosis Panel: Atopobium vaginae, Bacteroides fragile, BVAB2, Gardnerella vaginalis, Lactobacillus crispatus Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus iners, Lactobacillus jensenii, Megasphaera 1, Megasphaera 2, Mobiluncus curtisii, Mycoplasma hominis, Mobiluncus mulieris, Prevotella bivia, Trichomonas vaginalis, andUreaplasma urealyticum.
- Aerobic Vaginitis Panel: Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Group B Strep Panel: Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Panel: Candida albicans, Candida dubliniensis, Candida glabrate, Candida krusei, Candida lusitaniae, Candida parapsilosis, and Candida tropicalis.
- STI Panel: Chlamydia trachomatis, Haemophilus ducreyi, Herpes Simplex Virus-1, Herpes Simplex Virus-2, Mycoplasma genitalium, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Treponema pallidum, and Trichomonas vaginalis.
Why Choose Us
© 2019 LifeBrite Laboratories.
A Hospital, Laboratory, Research & Development Company
We Service National and Regional Locations | United States of America