STI Testing & Women’s Health
A single solution optimized for the detection of 32 different pathogenic and commensal microbes, HSV-1, and HSV-2.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are diseases caused by microorganisms and viral infections spread through sexual contact. When diagnosed in the early stages, many STIs can be easily treated and cured. STIs that remain undiagnosed or untreated can have serious health consequences. Individuals who are asymptotic are still at risk of long-term complications, and can still spread the infection. For these reasons, it is important every sexually active individual be screened for STIs.
All the microorganisms that live in and around the vagina make up the vaginal flora. Healthy vaginal flora are composed primarily of various lactobacilli species, which produce substances that discourage the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. Vaginal dysbiosis occurs when there is a loss of commensal lactobacilli and an overgrowth of pathogenic microbes. These dysbiotic conditions include bacterial vaginosis (BV), aerobic vaginitis (AV), and vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC). Accurate identification of the microorganisms that cause vaginal dysbiosis is essential for proper treatment.
Principle of Tests
LifeBrite’s STI and Women’s Health Panels are in vitro, nucleic acid application tests (NAAT). These are designed for use as a screening method for the detection and identification of genomic deoxyribonucleic acid (gDNA) of microorganisms and viral infections associated with Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), Aerobic Vaginitis (AV), Group B Streptococcus (GBS), Urogenital Candidiasis (VVC), and STIs.
LifeBrite’s STI and Women’s Health Panel Options
Panels are designed to detect gDNA from the following microorganisms and/or viruses:
- Bacterial Vaginosis Panel: Atopobium vaginae, Bacteroides fragile, BVAB2, Gardnerella vaginalis, Lactobacillus crispatus Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus iners, Lactobacillus jensenii, Megasphaera 1, Megasphaera 2, Mobiluncus curtisii, Mycoplasma hominis, Mobiluncus mulieris, Prevotella bivia, Trichomonas vaginalis, andUreaplasma urealyticum.
- Aerobic Vaginitis Panel: Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Group B Strep Panel: Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Panel: Candida albicans, Candida dubliniensis, Candida glabrate, Candida krusei, Candida lusitaniae, Candida parapsilosis, and Candida tropicalis.
- STI Panel: Chlamydia trachomatis, Haemophilus ducreyi, Herpes Simplex Virus-1, Herpes Simplex Virus-2, Mycoplasma genitalium, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Treponema pallidum, and Trichomonas vaginalis.
Why Choose Us
© 2020 LifeBrite Laboratories.
A Hospital, Laboratory, Research & Development Company
We Service National and Regional Locations | United States of America